Advancing Dental Hygiene Education: Strategies for Faculty Calibration and Clinical Teaching
Dr. Joy Void-Holmes
This comprehensive course is designed specifically for dental hygiene educators. The course focuses on the concept of faculty calibration to ensure uniformity and high standards in teaching methodologies across the board. It provides participants with effective strategies to improve their clinical teaching skills, particularly in dental hygiene instrumentation. The ultimate goal of the course is to advance dental education by harmonizing instructional techniques and raising the bar of clinical teaching.
- Gain a deep understanding of faculty calibration and its significance in dental hygiene education.
- Learn and implement strategies for faculty calibration to ensure consistent teaching methods.
- Enhance clinical teaching skills, with a special focus on dental hygiene instrumentation.
- Improve personal teaching methodologies and contribute to elevating the quality of dental education.
- Understand the challenges in faculty calibration and learn how to effectively navigate them.
Aligning Standards: Faculty Calibration for Patient Assessments and Medical History in Dental Hygiene Education
Dr. Joy Void-Holmes
Aligning Standards: Faculty Calibration for Patient Assessments and Medical History in Dental Hygiene Education is a comprehensive course that focuses on calibrating faculty to ensure standardized patient assessments and medical history documentation. Through this course, educators will gain an understanding of the requirements for comprehensive medical history documentation and the importance of accurate and consistent patient assessments, drawing from the latest research and best practices in the field. The course aims to equip educators with effective strategies and tools to standardize teaching methods and improve diagnostic decision-making.
- Gain and understand of the significance and process of faculty calibration in patient assessments and medical history documentation.
- Develop strategies for consistent and accurate patient assessments across different faculty members.
- Explore ways to improve diagnostic decision-making, based on the latest research and best practices.
- Equip participants with the skills to effectively train students in patient assessments and medical history documentation, thereby enhancing the overall quality of dental care.
A Comprehensive Guide to OSHA & Infection Control in Dental Hygiene Education
India Chance, RDH, CDIPC
This continuing education course is designed for dental hygiene educators seeking to enhance their knowledge and application of CODA requirements with a focus on OSHA and Infection Control guidelines. Through this course, participants will gain a thorough understanding of the specific CODA standards related to OSHA and Infection Control, including risk management, personal protective equipment, sterilization and disinfection procedures, and waste management. More importantly, the course highlights the significance of these guidelines in maintaining a safe and conducive learning environment for students. The course also emphasizes the value of calibration among educators in enforcing these guidelines. By promoting uniformity in practice, we aim to uphold the highest standards of safety and quality in dental hygiene education.
- To promote calibration among faculty and clinical instructors in implementing and monitoring OSHA and Infection Control guidelines.
- To equip dental hygiene educators with the tools and strategies necessary to foster standardization across their respective programs.
Medical Emergency Preparedness in Dental Hygiene Education: What Does CODA Expect?
India Chance, RDH, CDIPC
This course aims to enhance knowledge and application of the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) requirements concerning medical emergency preparedness, along with effective teaching methods for managing patient medical emergencies. Special emphasis will be placed on risk assessment, emergency protocol development, equipment, and medication requirements, and the role of the dental hygienist in emergency situations.This course will provide educators with innovative and effective methodologies for teaching students how to handle patient medical emergencies confidently and efficiently. These teaching strategies are designed to foster critical thinking, quick decision-making, and hands-on skills, preparing students for real-world scenarios. Key focus will be placed on the significance of calibration among educators in enforcing these guidelines.
- To underscore the importance of adherence to guidelines and protocols to ensure safety and quality in dental hygiene education.
- To foster calibration among faculty and clinical instructors in implementing and monitoring medical emergency preparedness guidelines.
- To equip dental hygiene educators with the tools and strategies necessary to create standardization across their respective programs.
This workshop is offered in an in-person format & is intended for dental hygiene educators. This course yields 6 continuing education credits through AGD/PACE and provides credit for professional development per CODA. Check with your State's Dental Board to verify if these courses meet mandated licensing requirements.